Roberts Ranch Smokin Red Dirt BBQ
If you’re craving some barbecue, make sure to check out the eighth annual Roberts Ranch Smokin Red Dirt BBQ this weekend.
Participants will have an opportunity to sample award-winning barbecue from all over the region, as well as participate in several events in conjunction with the barbecue.
The schedule for the weekend is as follows:
• 10 a.m.: Student art show, Junior Ballroom.
• 3 p.m.: Booth vendors open, Grand Ballroom.
• 4-6:30 p.m.: Pelagic Tank KidsQ, cook sites on South Independence. Children will have an opportunity to barbecue and compete for prizes. Awards will be handed out at 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
• 5 p.m.: Free barbecue pulled pork sandwiches, Cherokee and Independence. Sponsored by Roberts Ranch and National Pork Board. While supplies last.
• 6-7 p.m.: Maria Rae’s & Cookshack People’s Choice, downtown. The public can visit participating barbecue contestants and sample ribs and sides, then vote on their favorite. Tickets are $7 and available at Enid News & Eagle, 227 W. Broadway, or the information booth at Cherokee and Independence.
• 6-7 p.m.: Free swing dance lessons, Grand Ballroom.
• 7-10 p.m.: Doc Bryant’s Big Band Orchestra feat. Kyle Dillingham, Grand Ballroom.
• 10 a.m.: Student art show, Junior Ballroom. Also, Garfield County Domestic Task Force’s “Day without Violence,” which includes children’s activities and games.
• 11 a.m.: Ambuc BBQ Dinner, Grand Ballroom. Dinner includes pulled pork, beans, slaw, pickle, roll, cake and tea or water. Tickets $7 in advance from the Enid News & Eagle, or $8 at the door.
• 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.: CatFink performance, Grand Ballroom.
• 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.: Magician Chris Capstone performs, Grand Ballroom.
• Noon: Official barbecue judging begins.
• 2 p.m.: Enid Noon AMBUCS $1,000 Cash Drawing.
• 3:30 p.m.: Awards ceremony, including prizes for People’s Choice and KidsQ winners.