- ENE Xtra
FAA may close Woodring tower
Looming March 1 federal budget cuts have FAA looking at closing Enid airport tower.
- Photo slideshow: Hayes HealthierUS Students at Hayes Elementary School were full of pride to be “one of a kind” Thursday when they celebrated being the only Oklahoma school to garner the Silver Award in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s HealthierUS School Challenge.
100 injured by meteorite falls in Russia
Interior Ministry spokesman Vadim Kolesnikov said 102 people had called for medical assistance following the incident, mostly for treatment of injuries from glass broken by the explosions. See videos embedded.
- 100 injured in Russian meteor blast
- Photo slideshow: Preserving memories Wess and Jolene Gray have begun a project at their photography business they think will preserve the memory of some of those people in businesses that won’t be around much longer, or trades that are dying out or going through massive changes. Wess said the photos are a way of preserving some occupations that don’t exist anymore. A photo is a memento that will trigger a memory, and Wess said people need something to take them away from the cares of the day. Here are a few of his photographs that hang on the wall of their photography studio.
Train, truck collide east of Enid
No word yet on whether anyone was injured or the severity of the accident.
- Valentines event set
Panetta says women in combat is a strength
In addition to questions of strength and performance, there also have been suggestions that the American public would not tolerate large numbers of women being killed in war.
Miss Oklahoma 2012 bio
She was the first American Dance Idol and after competing against hundreds of dancers from 37 states, eventually was the first place winner of $10,000. She currently holds two dance related Guinness World Records.
- List of 85th annual Academy Award nominations
- More ENE Xtra Headlines
- FAA may close Woodring tower