Can we just be honest and say it? Vice President Joe Biden is a boob.
Oops! I guess that “boob” word could be construed as a possible bad word. But, really, it is such an appropriate description of the vice president. He just can’t seem to know what to say or when to say it.
Biden, in shaking President Barack Obama’s hand on Tuesday and introducing the president in the jubilation after health care reform was signed into law, said clearly in the president’s ear “This is a big f...... deal.”
It’s right there in a press conference. The mic is right there on the presidential podium. Is Biden so inept to think that mic wouldn’t pick up his words?
You know, if he weren’t vice president of the United States, I’d probably like Joe Biden. I mean, at least he’s entertaining. I think he’d be great fun at a dinner party or a night on the town. Heck, I bet he and I would get along perfectly because I sometimes exhibit some salty language myself.
But the gaffes he’s made doing his vice presidential duties have become so frequent, its becoming an embarrassment.
Who says something like to the president of the United States? Doesn’t the office of president deserve a sense of decorum and proper manners? Even if the presidential staff are all good friends, I would think it entirely improper to go around using profanity with the president of the United States, even if it were during an impromptu pool game, much less at a highly publicized press conference.
Some of the networks are trying to do damage control for the president and Biden, airing similar “gaffes” or unexpected moments when former vice presidents and presidents were caught saying something stupid. Oh, and I know those who support Biden and Obama can cite instances where “the other guys” did the same thing. (That’s their answer to everything.)
Well, they all may have done it, but Biden does it more often, and he’s apparently doing it bigger and better than his predecessors. Several Web sites are keeping score. Here are the top 5 gaffes according to NowPublic News, that is, before Tuesday’s F-bomb:
1. Telling wheelchair-bound Missouri Senator Chuck Graham to stand up to be recognized at a rally. "Chuck, stand up, let the people see you."
2. Calling Obama "Barack America." While introducing Barack Obama at a rally in August of 2008.
3. When Biden was asked about AIDS prevention in young people, he started talking about denial and "lack of honesty." He than launched his tirade about the importance of testing saying, "I got tested for AIDS. I know Barack got tested for AIDS. There is no shame in being tested for AIDS..."
4. Biden was caught on amateur camera talking about an elusive connection between Dunkin' Donuts and Indian people. "In Delaware, the largest portion of the population is Indian-Americans," said Biden. "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking."
5. Biden talked about the swine flu on NBC's Today show. While addressing the issue of prevention, Biden said, "I would tell members of my family - and I have - I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now. It's not just going to Mexico, if you're in a confined aircraft and one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft. That's me. I would not be at this point, if they had another way of transportation.”
Other lists have Top 10 and Top 20! Perhaps a new comedy DVD is upcoming with the most famous Biden gaffes.
I’m sure the Washington press corps is keeping tally, and they probably can’t wait for his next one. I’d be embarrassed for Biden if I was part of the press corps.
Some people may consider Biden folksy and friendly, but as an official representative of the United States, well, he’s a pretty big disappointment.
- Cindy's Corner
- CINDY'S CORNER: Sometimes it's hard to resist the drama on Facebook
- CINDY'S CORNER: Power of prayer expands through Facebook
- CINDY'S CORNER: 'Terrorist' mantra shows level of desperation
- CINDY'S CORNER: This royal couple has a better shot at success
- CINDY'S CORNER: OKC bombing aftermath showed the nation what Oklahoma is all about
- CINDY'S CORNER: Battling Trump on birth certificate issue won't be easy
- CINDY'S CORNER: Care needs to be taken each year on who goes on D.C. trip
- CINDY'S CORNER: It seems too easy to play 'gotcha' with officials
CINDY'S CORNER: Fresh faces offer Enid opportunity
There are some fresh faces in this community who have made their home here and who believe in Enid and believe what Enid can do.
Could a Halloween haunted house be classified a torture chamber?
Based on latest news story about alleged terrorist torture, these entertaiment venues use torture techniques.
- More Cindy's Corner Headlines