I’m sure those of you who participate in Facebook have seen those chain status requests that make a statement and ask you to repost it in your status if you agree.
I usually ignore those, but one I saw this morning caught my attention, and I did, indeed, post it on my status.
It says this: So, where are all the "Save the Gulf" concerts? Where are the T.V. Benefits with celebrities and musicians giving heart-felt speeches on the poor fisherman, wildlife, beaches, loss of income and sabotaged gulf economy? These people (including our own government) are so quick to help Haiti and other countries...but where are they now?
Its a good point. Hurricane Katrina was a natural disaster of major proportions exacerbated by human failures. In the wake of that event, big-money entertainers and musicians swept into the area. Some have even rebuilt parts of New Orleans.
When a major earthquake struck Haiti, that really got entertainers and musicians out. They’ve done yeoman’s work and are to be applauded for their efforts in helping that country.
This oil spill in the gulf is a man-made disaster that is wreaking havoc on a major portion of our U.S. economy and ecological system. The disaster is affecting four or five states now, and if the oil follows the expected current, will go all the way up the east coast.
In its wake, thousands of fishermen and people who depend on the eco-system and economy of the Gulf and the Coast are left without jobs.
If that doesn’t get the far-left, wealthy musicians and entertainers eyes watering, well what about those photos of wildlife drenched in oil? That’s enough to break even the steeliest of hearts, and these musicians and entertainers are supposed to be big-hearted folks, aren’t they?
In fairness, i did find one benefit organized by New Orleans musicians back in May. And a few more may pop up as this thing goes on. But we're sure not hearing much about help now.
- Cindy's Corner
- CINDY'S CORNER: Sometimes it's hard to resist the drama on Facebook
- CINDY'S CORNER: Power of prayer expands through Facebook
- CINDY'S CORNER: 'Terrorist' mantra shows level of desperation
- CINDY'S CORNER: This royal couple has a better shot at success
- CINDY'S CORNER: OKC bombing aftermath showed the nation what Oklahoma is all about
- CINDY'S CORNER: Battling Trump on birth certificate issue won't be easy
- CINDY'S CORNER: Care needs to be taken each year on who goes on D.C. trip
- CINDY'S CORNER: It seems too easy to play 'gotcha' with officials
CINDY'S CORNER: Fresh faces offer Enid opportunity
There are some fresh faces in this community who have made their home here and who believe in Enid and believe what Enid can do.
Could a Halloween haunted house be classified a torture chamber?
Based on latest news story about alleged terrorist torture, these entertaiment venues use torture techniques.
- More Cindy's Corner Headlines