The Enid News and Eagle, Enid, OK


October 13, 2012

FYI for 10/14/2012

AdvancePierre sandwich awarded

AdvancePierre Foods’ Fast Fixin’ Sandwich Bar Breaded Chicken has been rated the best new lunch/dinner food at convenience stores by a panel of consumers.

“Unlike most food industry awards, this judging panel is made up of actual consumers, and the consumer has spoken,” said Tony Schroder, president of convenience at AdvancePierre Foods. “We are always particularly happy when it is our customers who honor our products, because it is their opinions that matter most.”

New products are judged on taste, value, convenience, healthfulness, quality of ingredients, preparation, appearance and packaging. Taste accounts for 30 percent of the total points awarded by judges. The product’s value is worth an additional 20 percent of points awarded, and the other factors make up the remaining 50 percent of the total points.

Convenience Store News presented the award Oct. 8 at AdvancePierre’s booth at the National Association of Convenience Stores convention in Las Vegas.

AdvancePierre Foods is a leading supplier of value-added protein and handheld convenience products to the food service, school, retail, club, vending and convenience store channels. Headquartered in Cincinnati, AdvancePierre Foods employs 4,500 people and operates processing facilities in Ohio, Oklahoma, Iowa, Maine, North Carolina and South Carolina, with bakeries in North Carolina and Oklahoma.

Text Only