Enid News and Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
Several agricultural operations in northwest Oklahoma have turned to agritourism. According to oklahomaagritourism.com, they include:
• Chain Ranch Sportsman’s Club. Chain Land and Cattle Co. near Canton in Blaine County created the club to give the public a chance to hunt and fish on more than 100,000 acres in northwest Oklahoma and Kansas. Website is www.chainranch.com. Phone numbers are (405) 820-4056 and (580) 886-2910.
• Rockin-R-Ranch in Blaine County. The fourth-generation working cattle ranch near Longdale offers hunting and fishing. Website is www.rockin rhunts.com. Phone number is (405) 350-6944.
• Whirlwind Winery. The winery, located in Watonga, offers Made In Oklahoma products and artisan wines. Website is www.whirlwindwinery.com. The phone number is (580) 623-1012.
• Base Vines & Cattle. Near Geary in Blaine County, the operation raises chemical-free animals and grapes. Website is www.basevinesandcattle.com. The phone number is (405) 884-1066.
• Plain View Winery. Located in Lahoma, the winery features a variety of wines and food products. Website is www.plainviewwinery.com. Phone number is (580) 796-2902.
• Duel Creek Country Home Bed and Breakfast. Located near Wakita, the bed and breakfast offers fishing, hunting, farm animals, horseshoes and golf. The phone number is (580) 233-5950.
• Gloss Moun-tain Outfitters. Located in western Major County, it offers trail rides, camping, hayrides, wildlife watching, hunting and Cedar Haven Lodge. Web-site is www.gloss mountainoutfit ters.com. Phone number is (580) 884-1305.
• John’s Farm, an organic farm near Fairview, of-fers group tours. Website is www. johnsfarm.com. Phone number is (580) 227-3452.
• Plymouth Valley Cellars Vine-yards and Winery. Located near Fair-view, it offers picnics and country stays in addition to the winery. Website is www.plymouthvalleycellars.com. Phone number is (580) 227-3207.
• Indian Creek Village Winery, near Ringwood. Offers meeting facilities, group tours and country stays. Website is www.indiancreekvillage.com. Phone number is (580) 883-4919.
• Island Guest Ranch, near Ames. Offers a guest ranch, hunting, trail rides and wagon rides. The website is www.islandguestranch.com. Phone number is (800) 928-4574.
• Bradt’s Mammals and More. The Meagerie, located near Alva, offers a petting zoo featuring exotic animals. Website is www.bradtsmenagerie.com. Phone numbers are (580) 430-1978 and (580) 430-1295.
• Simpson Ranch Outfitters, near Waynoka. The working ranch offers hunting and lodging. Website is www.simpsonranchoutfitters. Phone number is (580) 824-0727.
• Anichini-Moore Ranch and Farm. Near Woodward, the ranch offers exotic animals, wildlife watching, group tours and farm demonstrations. Call (580) 256-0657 or (405) 823-8295.
• Howard Ranch Enterprises, near Woodward. The ranch, a fifth-generation cattle ranch, offers a guest ranch, hunting and trail riding. Website is www.howardranchenterprises.com. Phone numbers are (580) 254-5552 or (580) 334-5552.
• Western Cedar Hunting Preservr, near Mooreland, offers hunting. Website is www.oklahomahunts.com. Phone number is (580) 994-2500.