Enid News and Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
Garber FFA has been busy the last few weeks. Officers Layton Heitfeld, Kami Oller, Jessica Cinnamon, Garret Heinrich, Daniel Parks, Kellan Hostetler, Braden Schovanec and Jarred Strate attended the Northwest District COLT Conference on Sept. 24.
At this conference they were taught many leadership skills to help them be better leaders in the chapter. After the conference, it is a tradition for the Garber FFA to take a state FFA officer out for lunch. This year the officers took Central District Vice President Allison Christian to Applebee’s to eat and discuss FFA events.
Many FFA members also attended the Oklahoma State Fair Sept. 13-22 in Oklahoma City. Placing were:
• Kami Oller — Division 2 champion doe goat and second in class with another doe.
• Brooklan Light — fifth in class with a doe.
• Layton Heitfeld — third in class doe.
• Katie Allen — seventh in class doe.
• Braden Schovanec — wethers, Class 2, fifth place; Class 3, second place; Class 5, first place,; Division II champion and reserve grand champion wether.
• Halie Schovanec — wethers, Class 3, first and third places.
Two weeks after Oklahoma State Fair came Tulsa State Fair Oct. 1-6. Many Garber FFA members attended this fair. Placings were:
• Swine — Kaley Stowers, third in class Berk gilt and fifth in class spot gilt; Cassidy Stowers, fifth in class Poland gilt; and Jessica Cinnamon, third in class spot gilt. Emily Cinnamon also participated.
• Doe goats — Brooklan Light, third in class; Katie Allen, eighth in class; Kami Oller, Division 3 reserve champion and first in class.
• Wether goats — Kami Oller, grand champion; Braden Schovanec, Class 13 second Place and Class 16 second place; Halie Schovanec, Class 8 second place and Class 9 third Place. Garret Heinrich also participated.
• Heifers — Braden Schovanec, reserve champion Simmental influence heifer and champion senior Simmental showman.