The Enid News and Eagle, Enid, OK

January 19, 2013

Producer acreage reports due to FSA

Enid News & Eagle

ENID, Okla. — Francie Tolle, executive director for Oklahoma Farm Service Agency (FSA), said it is important for producers to submit their annual report of acreage to local FSA county offices.

In the fall of 2012, FSA announced new reporting dates for perennial forage crops (Nov. 15) and fall seeded grains (Dec. 17). In prior years, reports for these crops were not due to FSA until later in the spring and summer. This change was part of an initiative at the national level to align acreage reporting dates between FSA and Risk Management Agency (RMA) and reduce the crop reporting burden on producers.

“Acreage reporting deadlines must be met in order for producers to remain eligible for FSA programs,” Tolle said. “To assist producers in adjusting to the new deadlines, FSA will not be charging a late reporting fee for the 2013 crop year, but it is very important that producers visit their local FSA office to report their acreage for these crops as soon as possible.”

All acreage must be reported for a farm, including crops on non-cropland, such as hayed or grazed grassland, in order to be eligible for most FSA programs. It also is important to accurately report crops’ intended use, Tolle said. Intended use is used to determine eligibility in many FSA programs and cannot be revised once reported.

Producers should contact their local FSA county office if they are uncertain about reporting deadlines. In order to meet FSA program eligibility requirements, producers must submit timely acreage reports. Reports filed after the established deadlines must meet certain requirements to be accepted.

For information on FSA crop reporting requirements, producers should visit their local FSA office or visit us online at The Garfield County office is located at 1216 W. Willow, Suite C. The phone number is 237-4321.