Enid News and Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
Nine northwest Oklahoma FFA members were among the 45 statewide to receive scholarships to attend the 2014 Washington Leadership Conference program in Washington, D.C., June 1-9.
These FFA members will be recognized April 29 during the 88th State FFA Convention held at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City.
More than 2,300 FFA members from around the nation will experience the unique and rewarding opportunity to attend WLC in Washington. Students are challenged to take their leadership skills to the highest level by learning how to solve local problems, build relationships, develop their character, and truly live to serve others.
FFA members will tour our nation’s capital, visit with members of Congress and perform a service learning project within the Washington area, while building friendships with fellow FFA members from across the nation.
The Oklahoma FFA Alumni Association sponsors three charter buses to the conference each summer for the scholarship recipients and approximately 100 other FFA members who pay their own way or find local sponsorships to attend.
Area FFA members to receive scholarships, sponsors and amounts are:
• Jason Murray, Kingfisher, Raymond Cockrum Alumni Association, $ 1,000.
• Ashton Baggs, Woodward, The Craig Foundation, $ 1,000.
• Colton Smith, Kingfisher, Nathan and Patricia Reese, $ 1,000,
• Braden Bullard, Billings, Dupy Family Trust, $ 1,000.
• Audrey Lynn Dunlap, Fairview Farm Credit Services of Enid and Oklahoma FFA Alumni Association, $ 1,000.
• Ryan Coontz, Waukomis ,T&D Meats & Oklahoma FFA Foundation President’s Club, $ 1,000.
• Kolby Slater, Alva, Sandridge Energy, $ 1,000.
• Lakan Light, Garber, Oklahoma FFA Alumni Association, $ 500.
• Cheyenne Gaff, Timberlake, Oklahoma FFA Alumni Association, $500.