Enid News and Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
Several area students up for State FFA Degree
Candidates for State FFA Degree at the 87th State FFA Convention include several students from northwest Oklahoma.
The State FFA Degree is the highest award given to an FFA member.
• Burlington — Caleb Scott Baker, Katelyn Ravae Garvie, Brandon Marcel Gosselin, Lane Scott Newlin and Tiffany Erin Rieger.
• Canton — Taylor Elizabeth Bromlow and Paige Sutton.
• Cherokee — Grant DeWitt.
• Chisholm — Kayla Ann Jantz and Zachary Sales.
• Cimarron — Kaylen N. Gregory, David Hadley and Emily Tydings.
• Covington-Douglas — Kandis Lorene Rupp, Dakota Schoeling and Quenten Levi Thayer.
• Deer Creek-Lamont — Marian Muegge, Lawson Thompson and Jace Whitehead.
• Dover — Shelby Louise Brewer.
• Drummond — Jaden Arnold, Kaleb Cain, Clayton Mack, Tyler Messall and Jennifer Swart.
• Fairview — Josie Carrell, Cullen Duran, Kyle Hiebert, Olivia Mason, Dossanna Miller, Taylor Tucker and Payton Van Meter.
• Fort Supply — Dakota Monday.
• Freedom — Rebecca Eden.
• Garber — Eric Clyde Killman, Tyler Schnaithman and Kaley Semrad.
• Hennessey — Richard Haymaker and Lauren Elizabeth.
• Kingfisher — Jami Nicole Adams, Blake Michael Cameron, Katie Nicole Lippoldt, Travis Newer, Riley Wayne Turner and Trevor Ryan Woods.
• Kremlin-Hillsdale — Morgan Stevens.
• Lomega — Ethan Kale.
• Medford — Tanner James Misak.
• Mooreland — Jacy Gillenwaters, Brice Gregory, Hammons Hepner, Brynna Nielsen and Trenton L Walters.
• Mulhall-Orlando — Mickala Gorrell and Tanner Miller.
• Pond Creek-Hunter — Devon R. Dillon, KaLanne McKee and Meagan Sanders.
• Ringwood — Ty Hamm, Alexis Hayes and Zachary Palmer.
• Seiling — Daniele Cole.
• Timberlake — Brock Dee Buller and Katarina LeForce.
• Waukomis — Devin Coffey and Blaise Newman.
• Waynoka — Jillian Rae Whipple.
• Woodward — Riley Gaston, Brendon Edward Hines, Jaci Hodges and Haley Reidlinger.
Honorary degree given for adult support
Several northwest Oklahoma residents have been nominated to receive the Honorary State FFA Degree, Oklahoma FFA’s highest award to recognize outstanding adult support.
Oklahoma FFA Association will award 102 Honorary State FFA Degrees to supporters during the evening general session of the 87th State FFA Convention at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City on April 30.
The degree is the highest state honorary award presented by the FFA and recognizes those who have greatly contributed to the advancement of agricultural education and provided outstanding service to their local program, school and community.
Area residents nominated are: Randy Farrar, Kingfisher, Farrar Construction; Danny Lamar, Enid, Farm Credit of Enid; C.J. Montgomery, Woodward, Woodward Chamber of Commerce; Kendall Nichols, Ringwood, Nichols Insurance; Frank Powell, Ringwood, state officer parent; Janel Powell, Ringwood, state officer parent; Dean Scarbrough, Alva, Northwestern Oklahoma State University; David Shepard, Helena, Pioneer Cellular; Ira Smith, Mooreland, Smith Auction & Realty; Tim Winter, Pond Creek, Pond Creek-Hunter Public Schools; and Kristin Zollinger, Woodward, Farm Credit of Western Oklahoma.
Career Passport honors to be presented
Several northwest Oklahoma FFA members have met requirements to receive an Agricultural Education Career Passport.
Career Passport recipients will receive a plaque and be recognized April 30 on stage during the 87th State FFA Convention held at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City.
The Career Passport is awarded to students who have prepared to enter the agricultural work force through curricular and evaluation activities established by the industry.
Recipients are: Jess Click, Waukomis, natural resources; Kaylee Grider, Waukomis, horticulture; Trevor Howard, Waukomis, natural resources; Kaity Kokojan, Waukomis, horticulture; Kaci Mack, Waukomis, horticulture; Blaise Newman, Waukomis, natural resources; Shaelee Roberts, Waukomis, horticulture; Kori Chance, Woodward, ag power and technology; Braden Denney, Woodward, ag power and technology; Kole Forrest, Woodward, ag power and technology; Brendon Hines, Woodward, veterinary assistant; Joaci Hodges, Woodward, veterinary assistant; Tanner Littau, Woodward, ag power and technology; Haley Reinlinger, Woodward, veterinary assistant; and Michaela Shepherd, Woodward, ag power and technology.
Area students show academic excellence
Several northwest Oklahoma students are among the 81 FFA students statewide selected to receive the academic excellence award.
Only 81 of the 715 State FFA Degree recipients were chosen to receive this honor. Recipients will be given a medallion on a red and white ribbon to wear over their official FFA dress and recognition for their accomplishment during the State FFA Convention to be held April 30-May 1 at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City.
Students were selected based on grade point average, class rank and ACT score.
Area students chosen are:
• Burlington — Katelyn Garvie, Brandon Gosselin and Tiffany Rieger.
• Garber — Tyler Schnaithman and Kaley Semrad.
• Kingfisher — Jami Adams and Katie Lippoldt.
• Mooreland — Jesse Henderson.
• Mulhall-Orlando — Tanner Miller.
• Waukomis — Blaise Newman.
• Woodward — Jaci Hodges and Haley Reidlinger.