- Featured Story
- Local and State News
- 4.0 quake shakes Enid and area
- Symphony presenting Summer Wine series
- 3.0 quake is recorded
- Work begins on Lady Liberty's engine
- Cool snap brings heat relief to Oklahoma, Arkansas
Attorney; OU's Mixon acted in self defense
The attorney for Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon said the incident that left a 20-year-old female OU student with multiple facial fractures was a case of self-defense.Continued ...
- Rice's punishment hardly fit the crime
- Bradford used to being at 'career crossroads'
- TU wins C-USA academic honor
- Hixon added to West All-State football team
- Attorney; OU's Mixon acted in self defense
- National and world
U.S. Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
“We recognize that same-sex marriage makes some people deeply uncomfortable. However, inertia and apprehension are not legitimate bases for denying same-sex couples due process and equal protection of the laws,” Judge Henry F. Floyd wrote.Continued ...
- New fears about Ebola spread after plane scare
- Should the condemned suffer during execution? Victim families torn
- 2nd American reported with Ebola in Liberia
- Tentative deal reached on VA reform
- U.S. Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- NDN Videos
- Judge Gives Shelly Sterling Authority To Sell LA Clippers 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Sneak Peek Trial Begins Over OKC Bombing Video $15B Deal on Vets' Health Care Reached
Redskins not the only nickname to cause a stir
Daniel Snyder has come under fire for refusing to change the mascot of his NFL team, the Washington Redskins. The Redskins, however, are far from being the only controversial mascot in sports history. Here is a sampling of athletic teams from all areas of the sports world that were outside the norm.
July 28, 2014 3 Photos
- 'Rebel' mascot rising from the dead
- Fast food comes to standstill in China
- Redskins not the only nickname to cause a stir